Food and Drinks
Why Is It Better To Charcoal Grill Your Turkey?
Whatever occasion it is – holidays, birthdays, anniversary, or even a simple celebration, turkey has always been served. It has been a tradition for so many families to prepare and cook turkey as part of the meals served on the occasion. Traditionally, turkey is made through ovens because it is the easiest and fastest way to cook it. But if you want to cook a special, tenderer and more delicious turkey, you have to move away from the traditional way of cooking it. And this is when a charcoal grill comes into the picture. As such, here are the reasons why it is best to charcoal grill your next turkey.
- Charcoal grills have some dome lid that is higher in sized than a traditional smoker. This will allow you to put a larger bird on the grate. Hence, when choosing a turkey, it is advisable to always consider the height of it rather than the weight.
- If you usually prepare a 40-pound turkey, then it is best to use a charcoal grill because it has the power to smoke at around 27 to 300 degrees. This range of temperature is ideal for such a size of turkey that we usually cook.
- When cooking a turkey, some of the most important factors that you need to consider is distance and temperature. And since the temperature has been explained earlier, let us now understand how distance affects the quality of your turkey using a charcoal grill. Generally, the distance that the turkey is from fire and humidity from the water pan is a major contributor to allow the charcoal grill to keep the temperature low. Moreover, low convention heat is creating a more moist turkey because the heat is not too intense.
- Furthermore, the charcoal grill offers a more consistent temperature due to the fact that you no longer have to open the lid every hour just to add briquettes. With a modern charcoal grill, you can now use about ¾ of a chimney that is full of briquettes in smoke for 4-6 hours cook. Additionally, a standard 22.5 kettle would require about 50 briquettes to start and additional for every hour.
- Another reason why the charcoal grill is the best way to cook a turkey is because of its capacity. Most of the charcoal grill has a big space that can definitely cater to a big turkey. But there are some tricks that you can use to accommodate two turkeys is just one cooking. You can place the turkey on the bottom rack since you don’t want to contaminate other food. In this way, you can cook two turkeys at the same time.
- Compared to oven cooking, grilled turkey is usually more flavorful, and it has a very mouthwatering aroma.
- You can also have a lot of room in your oven. With the turkey on your grill, you can put some other food on your oven. Hence, you can easily prepare all the meals that you have to prepare.
- Most of the time, grilled turkey looks better than the one cooked in the oven.
Lastly, it is more convenient to use a charcoal grill because it is easier to clean. This is helpful, especially if you have a lot of things to do in preparation for a dinner or party.
These are the key reasons which can make you think about the purchase of charcoal grills for turkey. Chances are higher that you can rely on it over the selection of gas grill. No doubt that both are handy and reliable, but if you want the best, then there is no comparison with a charcoal grill.
Additional Tweaks and Perks
Cooking on a smoker grill is surely the reliable choice, but when it comes to the adequate taste, you can’t avoid having all the additional tweaks from the charcoal grills. Turkey food is filled with so many spices, juicy flavors, and charcoal cooking. The alternate option of like gas grills cooking is not the best choice among them. Gas cooking is convenient for sure, but you can’t expect the same taste. That’s why going for the charcoal grill is always the better choice to go after.
Availabilities of tools
If you go online and check tools for charcoal grills, you will be amazed by the number of options available for the same. All those options are there to enhance the overall taste of food, that’s why you can consider them. The popular choices are
- Slow N Sear 2.0
- Grill Grates Upgrade
- Kettle Pizza Basic
- BBQ Tempmaster Pro
- Pella Kettle Pellet
- Basting Brush
- Winco UT-16HT Extra Heavyweight Utility Tongs
- Grill-grate brush
- BBQ Thermometer
- The Great Scrap Woody Shovel
- Chimney Starter – Weber Rapid-fire
When you are using such tools along with the charcoal grill, you will feel better convenience during the use. In the past couple years, we found that the use of additional tools help to get a better taste of food. You can’t use such tools for a gas grill, that’s why we suggest going with charcoal option. So many professional cooks also suggest it for the smoky taste offered by it. Such reasons are enough to make you prefer these products for sure.
Few Additional Reasons
Along with these advantages that you are getting from the charcoal grill, there are few other reasons which can easily enhance the taste of food. Even, these can make you consider the purchase of a charcoal grill. Let’s get started by knowing about a few of them –
- Easy to use design is one of the best features of having a charcoal grill. You can avail of a long number of advantages.
- Affordable price is an additional tweak that you will avail. There are plenty of products available, and all of them are affordable as compared to the gas turkey, which can easily make you grab this deal over the selection of others.
- The durability of a grill matters a lot, and if you compare it with others, then charcoal grills are going to last for many years.
These are some of the best advantages which are easy to avail from the charcoal grill, and you can consider it without having a single issue. Keep it in mind that being selective in approach is necessary for sure.
Over time, the use of charcoal grill is in trend, and there are plenty of reasons behind it. If you consider the built quality, design, and some other features, then you will love using these products for their taste offering benefits. The charcoal grill gives the best taste to your food, so there is no way that you could avoid buying a charcoal grill.
Among all the options, you should go with the widely sold and try out cooking turkey food on it. Turkey dishes are a bit crispy with a juicy taste on top, so when you are cooking, using additional tools like a brush can help to get the adequate taste. If you are willing to buy grills and don’t know that which one to consider, then check out some buying guide.
In addition to that, we will give a bonus tip of going with well-known brands to grab some of the reliable features. To find some of the best charcoal grills in the market, you can visit the website 5best.